Sunday, September 11, 2011

Quote of the day

Roo has really started to enjoy to "read". She takes her favorite books and creates her own stories. Lately, for a few minutes at a time, she'll read to Friendly.

Today they pulled out their "Baby Bible"  and Roo read, "This is Adam and Eve. They spent a lot of time naked..."  she flipped the page "And then the flood came."

I had to try so hard not to laugh right out when I heard that. I don't want her to feel self conscious about her stories...I love her versions. I think they are way better than the originals!

I am loving the new stage Friendly has reached! The "We can read a WHOLE book, in one sitting!!" Stage is my FAVORITE!!!!

Reading to Roo has been a frustrating endevor since Friendly was about 9mos old. She wanted the book Mommie was holding, NOW. She wanted to rip it up and chew on it. She wanted our attention on her and not on the story.

She made reading books a quick thing or a "Quick! Friendly is distracted with that toy, let's read!" thing.

It has passed. Some where in the last few weeks the magical shift occured. She is now fully into the story at hand. She will point out points of interest, listen quietly, and snuggle.

I will enjoy this stage.

Our most favorite books right now:
Baby On The Way (by Dr. Sears)
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (Eric Carle )
Little Quak's Bedtime (library book: Lauren Thompson )
McDuff and the Baby (Rosemary Wells)

gotta go re-tuck a little Friendly who is having a hard time falling asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment