Saturday, March 26, 2011

SPRING!

I have a lot of catching up to do. I'll start with today:
This is what Saturday afternoon on a cool March afternoon looks like.

A little crazy! The girls have been very busy today.

And a Saturday afternoons work:
Diapers drying on "the line"..And my new pots ready for some veggies!
Roo lives in her "elephant" pajamas...Literally.
The "container garden" is *my* project this year. And of course the girls are going to help me. We're learning as we go but the hope is that this summer we'll be harvesting tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, and spinach- all from our front porch! I would also like to do a long skinny planter with some herbs (basal, dill and some mint: we'll see). We'll have to see.

We'll also be doing a BIG garden at my Mom's (as usual) with some squash, zucchini, brussel sprouts, peas, broccoli (i hope) and perhaps some carrots.



I love spring. Can't wait for our organic heirloom seeds to arrive so I can start my tomatoes and peppers!

Going to try to catch up from the last several weeks...We've been busy! And the girls don't leave me much time to blog these days, at all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment