Saturday, December 29, 2012

A Wonderful Wintery Day

Hello, friends and family! This is Ryan, and this is my first post to this blog. Hannah Joy has wanted me to be part of it for a while, so here I am!

We had an absolutely wonderful day today. We rolled out of bed to find it snowing outside! After a quick trip to the grocery store, we spent a quiet restful morning together with "I Love Lucy" episodes playing in the background. The kiddos were begging to play in the snow, but we made them wait until after nap. Snow is one of their favorite things. It occurred to me today that if it weren't for them, I would probably never go out in the snow. But someday when it is just Hannah and me, we will surely look back to these days with a smile.

When the girls got up from nap, we headed out! They made good use out of all three inches of snow. First they threw a few snowballs, then made some snow angels. That was fun, but then they made the inevitable request for me to help them make a snowman.

I rarely if ever have the patience to put a full snowman together, but I mustered up enough to help them make one about 12" tall. It really ended up being a cute little thing! The girlies loved it.

Next they decided we needed to clear off the cars. I gave them brushes to use and we had a blast sweeping off the snow.

Now it is almost bed time, and we are all tired and happy. Muffins are baked, bread is rising, dinner is done and I am looking forward to hanging out with Hannah Joy after the girls go to sleep. The only thing that could make this weekend better is for Hannah Joy to feel better. She has a pinched nerve or something and has been lying down most of the day with very limited mobility. Tomorrow is our seven year anniversary, so I especially hope she is feeling better for our date.

Well, it's time for me to go put the girlies down for bed! Below you will find a video of us out in the snow.


No comments:

Post a Comment