Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Men Projects and Big Changes...

This winter has been FULL, and I am thankful. It has been so much easier than last winter. Wast winter was so long. Friendly was just a bitty thing and Roo was just turned 2. And neither of them liked the cold or snow. This winter has been fun! Roo and Friendly both got snow suits and snow boots from their Aunt Katherine for Christmas. And boy, have we been been putting them too good use (Thank you again, K!)!!!


I haven't played in the snow much since I was 10 or 11...Snow the past 10-15 years has been a drudgery, it has meant being stuck at home. Or having to get up early to dig my car out so that I could get to work. It meant stress on the roads and changing plans. But winter with little kids? It's a blast!!!! Snow angels! Snow foot prints! Just the wonder of watching snow fall, catching it on your tongue. Oh and Snow men! I haven't built a snow men in years, it is SO fun! Roo and I have built two together so far this winter. One was a "Snow Queen" who is still standing bravely (though covered in ice and a bit lumpy now) in front of the house. And the other was a cute little faceless friend we built at the park last weekend.



Photobucket
our faceless little snow friend.

Photobucket
he says it all.


[caption id="attachment_407" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="fun in the snow together."][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_406" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Roo and her Snow Queen"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_405" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Her Majesty (and her make-shift teiarra)"][/caption]

Last fall I set out to learn how to knit, for real. I have tried to learn, but it never made sense to me. Well I hunkered down with some youtube videos and figured it out over an evening. Since then, I've been practicing but I never had time to tackle (or complete) a real project...Until last weekend: I made myself a "neck warmer".
My first completed knitting project

modeling finished neck warmer. ;)

I'm pretty proud of this accomplishment, and I really like my new scarf!


Other things this month? Oh Ryan came down with Shingles the other week. Very painful but thankfully a fairly mild bout with it! The doctor gave him some meds for it and it seems to be going away. But, guess who was exposed to chicken pox? The girls. They should be breaking out with spots some time in the next week if they're going to get it at all, we shall see.


In the midst of all that we've been excited about the BIG changes heading our way. We're moving! We've been living with my Mom for a few years now and it's been wonderful, such a blessing. But it's time to move along. We had planned to move out in the summer of 2008. We were looking at apartments and considering our options. But My Mom was planning on leaving the country (for at least a year) and it was decided we would take care of the house while she was gone. Well it wasn't God's timing at that point, and a few months later those plans changed. But around then we found out (surprise!) Friendly was on the way! So we decided to stay put through all the transition that adjusting to a family of four brings. And well, life has been crazy since then. We decided last August that once the New Year arrived we'd start looking for a place, and we are. We are so excited to move and to hopefully be closer to work for Ryan. To be be in our own space and to dive into this new season in our lives.


We'll keep you posted but at this point we're hoping to be in our new place by the end of March at the latest.


So there's the big news! We'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment